Was in Ipoh for the La sallian encounter 2006. Short trip. 4 days only. Learn a lot during the trip
1. How to take a bus from Ipoh town to Universiti Petronas. Take the Roadway bus opposite Medan Kidd. Rm 3 per trip at half an hour interval. Bus condition not that good but can still reach Universiti Petronas safe and sound compared to taxi trip of RM 40 per trip.
2. Where to get the best popiah in Ipoh..at Ipoh old town..Jalan bijih timah..at Kong Heng Coffee shop.. Shop i had been to 8 years ago.. cannot find it during the last 3 trips...so now managed to find it and eat the popiah...nice
3.Find out that there is a super nice Catholic ( air conditioned with 4 LCD projeted onto 4 screen ) church just right before Ipoh Parade. 40+ ( 15 from Singapore) of us walked all the way from La salle centre (next to ST Michael Institute) to the church for the Sunday evening mass.
( St Michael Institute, Ipoh)
4. Find out how to take bus from Medan Kidd to Jaya Jusco and Tesco. ( RM 1.20) per trip, compared to RM 8 taxi.Tried lots of varieties of food at Jaya Jusco... japanese sushi, Green Tea ice cream, sizzling noodles...gingko barley...strawberry tarts...
5. Find out where Fair Park hotel is and the nicest thing is it is so near to Jaya Jusco and Tesco and Green town Mall ,by bus somemore..so will stay there when i go there next week and will go for a dip at
Lost world of Tambun
6. Find out the cheaper way of getting from LCCT - KL Sentral- LCCT. By using the Aerotrain Bus costs only RM 14 return trip instead of RM 18 for Air Asia SKyway bus.
Same comfort, same schedule, same destination
7. Find out too KL Rapid ( stationed at KL Sentral bus station offers RM 2 all day trip to Bandar KL and also RM 2 all day trip to Bandar Utama ( where Ikea is )-- real value for money--meaning you can get on and off the bus the whole day for a mere RM 2 regardless of how many trips a day
WOW... What a cheap way to travel in KL.. and the bus are super nice and super clean.To find the bus go to the bus station at Ground floor KL Sentral - where the Air Asia Skyway buses are.
HAPPY HOLIDAY EVERYONE.