1/18/07

Whose meter to follow?

Before i went to my physician to test my blood glucose this morning i tested it on my new Accu-chek meter and maybe i was stressed too cos this is only the second time i am using the new meter . It shows a reading of 6.3 mmol/L at 7.15 am against the reading of 6.1 mmol/L on 16th Jan ( 2 days ago) . So while driving to my physician I try my very best to relax by listening to oldies songs on the car radio....
On reaching the physician clinic my bg taken with his meter was 5.5 mmol/L. Hence the physician decided to put me off the Chinese medication for a week and see whether my pancreas will do its job. FYI i have been taking the medication since the day i was diagnosed with the high blood sugar of 14.8 mmol/L.
i am still trying to solve the mystery of why a range of 0.8mmol/L in a matter of 45 minutes. For us with high blood sugar every decimal numbers means a lot to us and affect us a lot too emotionally !

No comments:

Europe and Mediterranean Holiday (3rd October 2013 to 4 th November 2013)

One month dream holiday to Mediterranean ....... this is my second planned trip, last year trip to Canary Islands was cancelled due to husba...