7/26/08

The true story of Air Asia



Before this, I speak very highly of Air Asia. Because of Air Asia, it really makes flying so much easier for us and because of Air Asia too we Malaysians can enjoy cheaper flights too.

But boy oh boy...imagine this scenario, book and paid the air tickets for 19 of my friends for Kuching-Bali-Kuching flight in March 2008 intending to fly in September school holiday. Everything was okay then. Hence we proceed to book one of the best hotels in Ubud Bali and Kuta Bali with all the payments paid up. We have even booked and paid our tour guide in Bali to bring the 19 of us around. We are all happily looking forward to September to go to Bali.

But yesterday, we heard from rumours that the Kuching- Bali-Kuching flight will be terminated this August. In other words the flights that we have paid for has been canceled. Without believing those rumours , I rang up the helplines for Air Asia and true enough the flights are truly terminated!!!You all can imagine how angry and disappointed we are!! Moreover, the airline doesn't have the courtesy to inform us about it officially...real cruel!!

Then we requested to reroute our trip, that is to fly us there via another airport..but to our shock , Air Asia want us to pay RM 1400 for each of us if we want to reroute our flight to be in Bali on the date that we have booked earlier.

Another option they give us is to fly earlier in early August just before the termination of that flight sector comes into effect....how to fly earlier when we are all teachers and there is no school holiday on those dates??

Worst frustrations is when we have difficulties like this , we emailed the guest support, we rang them, NOBODY pick up the phone or answer our email. I have just sent another email to the CEO of Air Asia to kindly request him to reroute us to Bali and return too at no extra cost . Hopefully he will give me a favorable reply...just keeping my little fingers closed or else all our 4 stars hotel money and tour guide payment will all go down the drain!!

Will update you all again on the outcome if I can any feedback from Air Asia. Wish me luck for our holiday dreams has been shattered into 2 pieces like the cliff in Bali below:


Updated Monday 28/7/08 :

Got a call from Air Asia Kuching Office at 1.30 pm this afternon telling me that Air Asia will reroute all the 19 of us for FREE from Kuching - Kuala Lumpur - Bali and return.

That must be the best news for all the 19 of us and that was prompt action from Air Asia too. Got all our air tickets for the reroute already .The only thing is, we will reach Bali only at 7.45 pm instead of 3.45 pm and my best friend Mary will miss her mum first death's anniversary on the 2nd of October since we will only reach Kuching at 10pm on that day. But nevermind , thanks to Air Asia and especially to Tony for reading my email and take into heart our humble suggestion. That does put back the trust we have in Air Asia that has been in us all this while.


22 comments:

Choonie, the Guru said...

Poor you. My bro and his gf also booked the tickets to Bali next year. Luckily, they paid for the tickets nia. So, their situation is not as bad as yours. Hope to hear good news from you soon. I think Tony will think of something for you guys.

Roland said...

Well, it was called a budget airline for a reason.

X'tina said...

Choonie,
We are very frustrated, so much effort being put in and now....

This will really "kill" us to make any further travel plans in the future

As a honourable and responsible airline they should at least have the courtesy to inform us that the flight has been terminated but they didn't...

X'tina said...

Roland,
Budget is budget, but they should be more responsible towards their customers who are now victims at their mercy and decisions.

Choonie, the Guru said...

My hubby says if Tony disapproves with what you had request, you can always sue them through the Persatuan Konsumer. It is your right to get your refund, inclusive with whatever you had arranged in Bali.

X'tina said...

Choonie,
Help me to thank your hubby for his concern and advice.

We really hope that Tony makes things simpler by just rerouting us and let us continue with all our holiday plan so that both parties are happy.

Oh boy...What an experience!!

Maverick SM said...

Wish you luck, X'tina.

I don't fly AirAsia!

X'tina said...

Maverick,

Thanks for the luck you have given me. What to do cos we in Sarawak here, it is either MAS or Air Asia. Moreover as government servants nia nia cannot afford to fly Royal Brunei or SIA....

If not for this big case , actually Air Asia is quite good (especially for Sarawakians since we have been monopolised by MAS for God knows how many years already liao )...except for those delays I should say.

Miss G said...

Same case here... I'm flying to Bali in Apr. 2009.

Terminating the flight is one things... not being notified is another things... plus... they shudmove us to transit and compensate us for kch-kl. And nt asking us to pay instead.

How irresponsible this is. So unfair.

This is nt the 1st time it happened to me... the last tie was they cancelled the earliest flight to kch-kl... and put me to the last flight... ALSO without informing me... I only found out when I checked my itinerary online... If i din, I would missed my flight to phuket coz it supposed to be a transit to Phuket.

I've emailed the guest support, CEO, tony fernandes... called them up.... there's no reply nor answers to phone calls... this is so frustrating...

It'll be a big lose for me coz before that i've amended my ticket... and of coz, they're not gonna refund me the amendment fees. I don wanna "donate" my money (RM300++ amendments plus refund processing fees) for nth??? Worst come to worst.. I'll just have to purchase ticket to kl from future promo... hopefully there is further promo for nx year.

My mum read an news article in chinese daily saying that AA is still CONSIDERING to fly as scheduled due to too many complaints from the travel agency. However, for these coming three months, they will stop flying temporary for these period.

How come there's now news in the english paper til now???

So pissed right now!

Shirley said...

hi. i booked my tickets to bali for Oct.

aa actually change my Kch-Bali to KL-Bali without any $$$ at all.

but i have to purchase my Kch-KL tix which cost around RM166 (return).

try go airasia office @ kch and change the tickets. pronto!

X'tina said...

xquisitelyme,
Sorry to hear what you have gone through, that was exactly my feeling since I heard about the news last Friday. I have even draft the letter waiting to be sent to the editor of the Star newspaper because I really don't want Sarawak people especially those from Kuching to be bullied just like that since the options that they first give us are so very ridiculous .

That is why I counter proposed asking them to reroute us for free.
I am indeed happy that they are now rerouting people for FREE to customers who still opt to fly at their Air Asia Kuching office ticket counter today.

X'tina said...

Slenz@shirley,

I have just rerouted all our 19 tickets for FREE this afternoon.

About the extra payments, that was what one of the options they give me last Friday and I felt very angry at that option because we fly during the peak period ( Hari Raya) so Air Asia want to charge us extra RM 1400 per person for Kuching- Kl- Kuching sector. That is really not fair on us at all.

Because their decision to terminate is none of our faults and yet we are the victims.

What a start to our holiday to the Land of the gods.

Shirley said...

that's good for all of you. enjoy your holidays!!!

i need to email him soon. will get the email from Cornelius later.

:)

Miss G said...

Hey X'tina,

Tony replied my email this morning...

And thanks for ur info... I went to Air Asia just now... everything is has been sent to KL to process... So consider fixed for now ey? hehehe... The lady sed will called me back one it confirmed.

Thanks again... Hope u have a great trip... Been there last year... It was great.. HEAVEN!

oh yea.. must try bebek bengil n babi guling k... both at ubud! :D

Choonie, the Guru said...

Great news. Tony is a not bad guy at all. hahaha... Envy you. Have a nice trip.

X'tina said...

Xquisitelyme,
Thanks and that is exactly what we will try to eat and enjoy while in Ubud.
I feel glad for you too. Will give you more info about Bali when we go there.

X'tina said...

Choonie,
Thanks, actually I should say he is very efficient as CEO because of his prompt action and decision. Best thing is, he even reply to my message on my facebook , superb CEO indeed.

That really puts back my confidence and trust in Air Asia because we are that group of teachers that are not given any 3 years free passage to fly on MAS so Air Asia is the only way for us to go for holiday every year after a long year of hard work and stress from our tedious work as teachers.

X'tina said...

Shirley,
Thanks and I really hope your request will be fulfilled too.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, now KCH - MACAO also cancelled.

Sumayyah Tsabitah said...

I have the same experience, me and my friend booked an "asean tour", the route is jakarta-bangkok-phuket-ho chi minh-jakarta for 20-26 january 2011, i bought it in march 2010, but this july they text us that phuket-ho chi minh flight has been terminated, we are so angry, and same to you the customer service is sucks!
the fact that THERE IS NO OTHER flight that connect phuket directly to ho chi minh, we have to go to bangkok first then continue to ho chi minh which will costs us 3x than the total boooked before... and it's imposibble to go through via road, because it'll takes us forever and waste our time...

so would you tell me how to get airasia ceo contact? i really need it, thanks

Sumayyah Tsabitah said...

I have the same experience, me and my friend booked an "asean tour", the route is jakarta-bangkok-phuket-ho chi minh-jakarta for 20-26 january 2011, i bought it in march 2010, but this july they text us that phuket-ho chi minh flight has been terminated, we are so angry, and same to you the customer service is sucks!
the fact that THERE IS NO OTHER flight that connect phuket directly to ho chi minh, we have to go to bangkok first then continue to ho chi minh which will costs us 3x than the total boooked before... and it's imposibble to go through via road, because it'll takes us forever and waste our time...

so would you tell me how to get airasia ceo contact? i really need it, thanks

X'tina said...

Cuaps,
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with AA. As for contacting the CEO , go to facebook , search for his name and then you will see his email under his profile, I hope this will help you.
Alternatively you can go to http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=692667945&ref=search#!/pages/Air-Asia/47800005306?v=wall&ref=ts
and then click on Wall and then Air Asia and others, pour your frustrations there, hopefully someone there can enlighten you on what to do.
Good luck and all the best.

Europe and Mediterranean Holiday (3rd October 2013 to 4 th November 2013)

One month dream holiday to Mediterranean ....... this is my second planned trip, last year trip to Canary Islands was cancelled due to husba...