6/9/08

Dragon Boat festival 端午节

The Duanwu Festival 端午节 occurs on the fifth day of the fifth month of the Chinese calendar which was yesterday and it mainly focuses on eating Zong/ zongzi/bak chang which is a traditional Chinese food, made of glutinous rice stuffed with different fillings and wrapped in bamboo leaves. They are cooked by steaming or boiling.



Last year I did not eat any bak chang at all as glutinous rice is too starchy for my blood glucose ( actually I love bak chang and every year I sure wrapped bak chang but stopped doing it 2 years ago)

Yesterday when I went to the shop that I always patronised at Green Road I saw this...bak chang that is wrapped with coarse rice + 5 grains ( very healthy food). moreover they are tied with strings and not those rafia srtings which I hated because rafia strings are plastic and imagine boiling the bak chang with rafia strings for hours inside the pot...alamak ..colourings, chemicals all go into the bak chang!!





Nice healthy food but expensive...one small chang costs RM 1.80!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your blog turning into a food blog liao. u siaw ar, one night and one morning whip out so many posts! watch out guys, christina is on fire!!

eh, send some bakchang over ler.

X'tina said...

Ehon,
Cos I eat full nothing to do mah...

Europe and Mediterranean Holiday (3rd October 2013 to 4 th November 2013)

One month dream holiday to Mediterranean ....... this is my second planned trip, last year trip to Canary Islands was cancelled due to husba...