2/25/08

Alas....

My blood sugar has not been good ever since I returned from UK. During my whole month stay there , the readings were beautiful, always less than 6 mmol/L for my fasting blood sugar reading. That is why I could indulge myself with lots of cheese cakes, bread, chocolates and even icecream while in UK.

In January, my sugar reading was hoovering around 6 to 6.9, never below 6. Worst still being the festive season, it is food, food, nothing but food all the time.I have been taking leaves like Misai Kuching (貓鬚草) , sharp tail Pheonix (尖尾鳯) but the reading never fell below 6. For information, every morning when I woke up I made these 3 pots of drinks:


Hence last Saturday I decide to change course, I went to buy 12 kilos of guava and started to take guava juice again after a lapse of 3 months. And on top of guava juice I took raw petai , I took 8 seeds on Saturday and 8 seeds yesterday. and alas...this morning my fasting blood sugar is 5.6 mmol/L...

10 comments:

Maverick SM said...

I didn't know that guava juice and betai will help; thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

I love tea. Good for health. I can't take Milo in the morning. Feels like want so shi-shi when I drink Milo in the morning. Haha. Lame.

Anonymous said...

Take care ar...

actually my dad also drinks those tea..

Aleckii said...

Yea, tea has that effect, not only lowers sugar, lowers cholesterol too.

Hey, teacher, check out my latest post, about abalone, sea cucumber, roasted duck and much more, haha!

X'tina said...

Maverick,
Yup ,so far so good for me.

Anonymous.
Haha, I never like Milo. My morning drink is Kopi kosong plus all those teas.

Keeyit,
Thanks.Apa boleh buat...when old, all the illness comes visiting...

Aleckii,
Haiyor, you are tempting me with food..how to lose weight lidat le!After CNY my weight has gone up by 4 kg, so now every evening need to cycle to China on my stationary bike to lost all my extra weight...LOL

Helen said...

I never have the guts to get my blood sugar reading. :-)

But then reading this, I think I'll have to cut down on some of those sugary drinks. Yeah, damn those leftover sodas from CNY. :-P

Anonymous said...

Hopping into ur blog....wow...i like it... so informative!!
I would like to know more about taking raw petai to lower the blood sugar....do we just wash the petai seeds and take them...no need to cook??
Anxious to know...

X'tina said...

hwong
Yup, just take raw.
Peel the pod , get the petai inside and peel away the seed coat.
hen you buy, choose those young petai, since there are less bitter and less smelly too. It will be easier to eat if you slice the petai up.

Unknown said...

Jiayu teacher!! You can do it!!

X'tina said...

Thanks Ronnie. I will jiayu.

Europe and Mediterranean Holiday (3rd October 2013 to 4 th November 2013)

One month dream holiday to Mediterranean ....... this is my second planned trip, last year trip to Canary Islands was cancelled due to husba...