12/4/07

Christmas Day's flight

When I booked my flight from Manchester back to Kuala Lumpur, the travel agency in Kuching never tell me that it is that difficult to get train or bus from here to Manchester Airport on Christmas Day. Actually my original plan was to stay till Boxing Day BIG SALE then fly home but there is no air ticket available on 26th Dec, moreover I have a staff meeting and registration to attend to on 28th December.

Only when I started to look for transport from Burnley to Manchester Airport, then we were told by the Information Centre here that there is no transport...no train and no bus to Manchester Airport on Christmas Day itself...sigh sigh...because of all that we cannot spend our Christmas Eve with our son here.

Hence the best solution now is to leave Burnley for Manchester Airport on Christmas Eve morning and check into a hotel that is near to Manchester Airport for a night, then use the hotel airport shuttle service to the Airport on Christmas Day since our flight home is at 8pm on Christmas Day.

Thanks to Hotel Reservations
which offers very competitive internet rates with great discounts on world wide hotels. With its help I managed to book a hotel online near Manchester Airport on Christmas Eve which costs GBP 54 for 2 persons a night. So my advice is never travel on Christmas Day or Boxing Day in UK since there is neither train nor bus on those 2 days!!

No comments:

Europe and Mediterranean Holiday (3rd October 2013 to 4 th November 2013)

One month dream holiday to Mediterranean ....... this is my second planned trip, last year trip to Canary Islands was cancelled due to husba...