12/21/07

Yearbook of Enlightenment 2008


Was reading this interesting book :
Like to share some of the very interesting quotes that I found in that book, since these are quotes that you and me always say and use.
From the way of Mrs Cosmopilite
1. Mrs Cosmopilite says:
If the wind changes, your face will stay like that.
The correct answer is : Like what?
********************************
2. Mrs Cosmopilite says:
Do you think this is a hotel? You just come here only to sleep.
This one always catches Ms C.'s paying guests by surprise.
***************************************************
3.Mrs Cosmopilite says:
Do as I say, not as I do

The acolyte responds: How do you do?
*********************************
4. Mrs Cosmopilite says:
Enough is Enough

The seeker of wisdom says: And?
******************************
5. Mrs Cosmopilite says
Don't you have anything better to do?

The acolyte responds: I will leave and smell the cherry blossom.
*******************************************************
6.Mrs Cosmopilite says
How many times do I have to tell you?

The acolyte responds: One more time.
***********************************
7.Mrs Cosmopilite says
I can always tell when you're lying

The wise man says: There is no truth.
***********************************
8. Mrs Cosmopilite says
I'm not going to ask you again

The correct response is silence
***************************
9. Mrs Cosmopilite says
If I've told you once.......I've told you a million times

The wise man says; A million is mostly zeroes
*****************************************
10. Mrs Cosmopilite says
If you don't stop crying, I am going to give you something to cry about.

The seeker says: This does not move us forward.
******************************************
11.Mrs Cosmopilite says
When I was your age, I had to walk ten miles through the snow, uphill, by myself, every day, to go to school.

The acolyte says: Did you really live less than a day's journey from a school?
******************************************************************
12. Mrs Cosmopilite says
If you can't say something nice,don't say anything at all.

The seeker says: Why is it so quiet in here?
**************************************
13. (My favourites)
Mrs Cosmopilite says
Go to your room and think about what you have done.

Hu-lin was discovered in a mummified state by Mrs C.'s having gone to his room 3 years previously to think about what he did and never returned, having become engrossed. He had achieved enlightenment but not lunch...hahaha
Source: Yearbook of Enlightenment 2008

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great book..Maybe I should try to check whether can buy it here or not..
Merry Christmas

Maverick SM said...

Merry Christmas, X'tina.

Aleckii said...

Hello!

Look what I made for our Christmas eve dinner-
http://intrepidlywrong.blogspot.com/2007/12/christmas-eve-grinch-rat-missed.html

Too bad turkey are too expensive here, or else I would have roasted one already.

Send my regards to Mr Sim and your children! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

Translation for crescenet:
I very liked this post and its blog is very interesting, goes to pass for here always =) Later gives passing back in my site, that is on the CresceNet, waits that it likes. The address of it is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com. One I hug.

X'tina said...

Thanks Maverick, a very blessed and happy New Year to you nad your family too.

Aleckii,
Nice to know that you are enjoying a White Christmas in Russia. Wish you will Have a happy new year too.

Crescenet,
Haha, thanks to AltaVista, I get your coment translated and understood.
Welcome to my blog, sure I will check out yours too. Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you

Europe and Mediterranean Holiday (3rd October 2013 to 4 th November 2013)

One month dream holiday to Mediterranean ....... this is my second planned trip, last year trip to Canary Islands was cancelled due to husba...